Wednesday, October 10, 2007

my rant about work life

you will have to excuse me but i am feeling extraordinarily bitchy this week. part of having this blog is so i can vent and let out frustrations. this week, it is about people in my world that i have judged and been seriously annoyed with...and so far don't feel guilty.


the elevator people
the ones who face you instead of the open door and stare at you. i can feel them, i even look them in the eye as to say "i know you are looking and deciding if my outfit is good for me or bad hair day or bad choice of food - but damn can't you do this descreatly" and yet they don't see me deflecting their lock down..they just continue.
the ones who are perfectly healthy and will wait 10minutes for an elevator to show up, instead of walking up a half of flight of stairs. and for the purpose of this blog I actually counted them. there is 8 measly steps and they take the elevator.


my cube neighbor
in the land of cubes oriented offices, you can't help but hear other people on the phone b/c we dont have a door closing other people off. most of us listen but don't ask the coworker about their conversation....unless invited to.
my neighbor thinks everything i say is for her ears and that she gets to ask me all about it. it can be personal or business .... but she sees it as a free-for-all. so i don't discuss anything high profile at work. i even have a pass code with one of my good friends. if i say "stephanie and cliff are going to the cleaners" that means i have something important to say but will need to wait until after work to discuss.
she also is my personal scale. she lets me know when i have lost weight, if i have lost too much weight, what i have eaten for the day and if my pants are "too loose on me." if i am still running, working out and eating well (this is implied when i have gained weight)
she wants to know if my BF has meet my parents, if we have discussed marriage, if he wants to have kids, what is his backround story, has he been divorced, what does he do for a living, we will get engaged anytime soon, do we spend a lot of time together and my personal favorite " will we live together before we get married". my mother doesnt even ask this many questions. (*authors note* i don't gush about the BF in front of this woman. all she knows is i have a wonderful BF and "things are going well"....and these are the questions that follow that small amount of info.)
sometimes i can handle her knowing she is just trying to be nice. sometimes i want to knock her out with a slap of a saucepan on the back of her head. today i choose the latter.
everyday. every fricken day. some form of this is what i encounter. i want to TP her house.

the subway people who work at the hospital
they are mean and hate to serve people (to the workers and to the patients) all of them, even the manager. they won't look you in the eye. they seem disturbed that you order provolone instead of american cheese and actually roll their eyes when you want a combo meal. don't even ask for a cookie or you might get slapped. pricks. i now longer go there. i would rather fast for days then ever encounter their negative 'tudes again.

the general people who just look you up and down and then talk to a body part instead of looking in your eyes
maybe b/c it is one of my biggest pet peeves that it has happened to me so much this week and i have wanted to jolt them with a "what are you looking at?!!!" but i pretend i am more mature that that. i have already mentioned the cube neighbor. she looks me up and down once a day. (she is koo koo)
but a mass majority of other people i work with has done this all week...which has lead me to wear my long labcoat on ALL DAY long!! i feel like i am being visually invaded. my only defense.
yes i realize that a lot of this is my own personal bitchiness.
yes i realize i probably won't care next week about any of this. but today i needed to vent about the crazy people that are in my life by consequence, not choice.

1 comment:

BarnGoddess said...

omg! your cube neighbor is WAY out of line. How do you keep your cool? I would be slapping her senseless.